Team Joynson: Karen and April Joynson
Horses for 2017
- Bryntegllwynau Rocky Robin- 14.2hh, 9 year old Welsh part bred, April has trained Robin from a 4 year old ex-racing pony and is now competing him at PFEI test and Affiliated Elementary. He is the ultimate all-rounder and is fed on Blue Chip Original.
- Alwin- 17.1hh, 11 year old Warmblood, Alwin is a Belgium ex-show jumper who has recently turned his hoof to dressage, he is currently competing at Affiliated Novice and Elementary, but April and owner Karen Bailey are producing him up to Medium. Alwin is also fed on Blue Chip Original, alongside Karma at the bigger events.
- Frenchie- 17hh, 11 year old mare. Frenchie has competed up to Advanced Medium with her owner Catherine Workman, April is now training her at Advanced and hoping to qualify for some team events with her.
Best 2015 Results
- April came 2nd in the Sheepgate U25’s National Championships semi-final out of 72 top riders and 3rd in the finals.
- Karen Qualified for Area Festivals and Regional Championships in Dressage & Showing
- Watching April & Robin develop into superstars in so many different disciplines and being selected to ride in county teams in British Dressage, British Showjumping, Riding Club, Pony club and School teams & qualifying for countless championships
- April would like to be placed in the top ten at the Inter-regionals with one of her horses.
- She would like to continue competing in the JFEI test with Frenchie, in which she would like to keep improving on their scores in the hope to get selected for a team event in 2018.
- April would also like to qualify all 3 horses for the Equine Area Regionals where she would love to get a top 10 placing with each horse.
- Never Give Up – even when things seem to go wrong, you must believe “things happen for a reason” and normally lead to bigger and better things
- Live Every day like it’s your last
- If you put the work in, anything is possible
- Watching April and Robin’s progress and feeling proud of their amazing achievements in so many different disciplines
- April’s highlight was being selected for the home-international BYRDS England squad, being one of the youngest riders & the only rider selected with two horses. She also won the Badminton training bursary in 2014 for the ‘rider showing the greatest potential.’
- Karen has so many ‘Special Horses’, but Bertie-Boo (Secret Avalanche), who they sadly lost last year, was a really special horse who helped so many riders achieve their dreams
- April’s first pony Popcorn, a palomino 11.2hh Welsh Section B mare who taught her to love dressage, but also her current pony Rocky Robin, who taught her that you don’t have to have a expensive flashy pony to succeed- if you put the work and dedication in dreams really can come true.
“Blue Chip Feeds have helped all of my horses in different ways; from gaining condition to a healthy shiny coat. For our older horses Blue Chip Dynamic helps with mobility & performance”
Recent Blog Posts
Learn from the top thought leaders in the industry.