Horses for 2015
- Buckingham Boys (Stable Name – Lovely) – RoR/Ladies Sidesaddle
- The Artful Dodger (Stable Name – Ruskin) – Nov/HWT Cob/Coloured
- Word of Warning (Stable Name – Smokey) – Nov RoR/Small Riding Horse
Best 2014 Results
- Qualified Buckingham Boys for HOYS as both a Ladies Hunter and Racehorse to Riding Horse – 3rd in the Racehorse to Riding Horse Final at HOYS
- 3rd at Hickstead in the RoR/Tattersalls Show Final
- Lovely will contest the R2R/RoR Qualifiers again this year as well as the new Ladies Side Saddle Qualifiers
- Ruskin will come out as a Novice Cob as well as taking part in CHAPS Qualifiers
- Smokey will continue with his retraining and contest the RoR/Jockey Club Novice classes and Novice Small Riding Horse
- Time and patience – it takes a tremendous amount of both to succeed! It is paramount to get the basics right and although very boring at times without the basics you have no platform on which to build
- Learn from the professionals, they are such because this is their job that they do so well
- Prepare your horse for the ride judge, have as many different people ride him as you can, take on board comments from judges and don’t be afraid to ask for advice – most will respect you for this – then go home and put this advice into practice
- Above all, “believe in yourself”
- What I achieved with Lovely in the show ring last year is what dreams are made of – qualifying and getting to ride in the Andrew Bowens Arena at Horse of the Year Show not once but twice was phenomenal but my personal highlight of last year was riding in a packed to the rafters International Arena at Hickstead for the RoR/Tattersalls Show Final – the atmosphere was electric!
- My first Ex Racehorse March Manoeuvres (Marco) who took me off of ponies and onto horses and is still with me now at the grand old age of 33
- Atlantus Appeal (Jake) my small hunter who was responsible for me getting the showing “bug”
- Buckingham Boys (Lovely) already a true legend in my eyes!!
Recent Blog Posts
Learn from the top thought leaders in the industry.